My husband and I love to take drives on Sundays just to get away and enjoy the outside. Two Sundays ago we decided to take a drive to the mountains. I was really wanting to see some beautiful flowers since Spring had sprung, and silly me thought we would accomplish that in the mountains. We took the drive, and even though there were not to many flowers to see we did get above the clouds and had this amazing view, and if you look closely enough you can see the city in between the mountains and the clouds:
I wasn't able to see many flowers on our drive, so I talked Brad into taking me to the Huntington Library. I've been wanting to go there for over 5 years, so I thought it would be a perfect day to do just that! He was a little resistant at first, but after just 10 minutes there, he was so happy I made the suggestion. The Huntington Library is just absolutely amazing. Our favorite section had to be the desert flowers, where most of these pictures were taken.

I know there is a lot going on in this picture, but I thought you would like a little brain teaser. See how long it takes you to find the people in the picture! ....Now wasn't that fun?

I know these cacti below aren't the most beautiful to look at, but you got to admit, they're pretty crazy looking!
Now we're out of the Desert section and the rest were taken on our way to the Japanese gardens.

I had a bit of an infatuation with the bees that day. When I'm behind the camera I wasn't realizing how close I was getting to them as well, until one of the got a bit angry and started buzzing right by my ear. I decided after that I had enough pictures of the bees and decided to leave them alone the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment